Sparkyard works best when it’s used across the whole school, not just in music lessons. Our own research, backed up by many other studies, shows that fully integrating singing across the school day – from the classroom to the lunchtime queue and the playground – can see measurable increases in pupil self-confidence, as well as improved performance in maths, English and much more. Sparkyard also offers a complete, skills-based music curriculum that anyone can deliver.
By integrating Sparkyard into every part of school life everyone can harness the true potential of singing:
- Improving mental health and wellbeing.
- Improving pupil relationships and getting on with each other
- Developing speech and language skills – improving communication vocabulary and listening
- Helping to establish class and school identity
- Improving academic attainment by using songs as a tool to improve children's memory for information, as well as creating a good learning environment
- Helping reinforce routines throughout the day
- Influencing mood and attention in the classroom and using songs as an effective tool for classroom management.
Plus, Sparkyard has been carefully and thoughtfully designed to be accessible by everyone working in a school. Sparkyard just works, whether you are a music specialist or someone who has no musical training at all.
For that reason, many schools use a wider budget than just the music budget to purchase Sparkyard – it’s impact can be seen all over the school (and beyond!).